Tuesday, May 16, 2006

 

Industrial (in)action

I never thought I'd say this, but blogging is becoming a bit of a pain in the backside lately.

It's got more to do with how much stuff we've got to sort out than anything else. There's no time in the evenings to blog, and there's precious little time in the day either (when, yes, I should be working!).

I also feel like I'm starting to sound like a stuck record. There's only so many times I can talk about packing boxes and how I regularly lose the will to do any packing of an evening before every blog entry starts to sound the same...and whats more, it sounds whiney too! I'm leaving on a big adventure, and I sound like a whingy little kid. Who wants to read that?


I think entries will be sporadic from now on, and only mention stuff as and when I feel the need to because every day is becoming much like another right now. However, today I did finally book our container for June 14th...that makes things just a little bit more real now doesn't it!

I've also been given an A4 sheet of paper by a colleague with a list of things he wants me to write "Idiot Guides" for so when I'm gone he can take over my jobs. As if I didn't already have enough to do!!!

What really ticks me is I've been banging on for years about how some people at my work might like to pay a bit more attention to the things I do rather than just "expect" me to staunchly be there for their every pathetic need! Now I'm expected to give them a crash course on my job in four weeks! Hmm, what do you think? How long d'you think it will take me to type up 10 years of experience in the field? I tell you what though, it'll be a sad lookout for me if I really can condense my job into half a dozen short "How to..." guides. Might as well quit now if that's the case!

Anyway, I wasn't planning on this turning into a rant, so I'd better stop! I'll be back when I have something more constructive to say...


EDIT: I forgot to mention that yesterday Audrey had her eyes tested for the first time. I'm pleased to report she was well behaved and there currently seems to be no problems with her vision! Which is a miracle given her immediate family's history!


Comments:
It's understandable you're not blogging, you've got other much greater priorities with your impending move, don't worry!

It does sound a bit mean being expected to explain everything you've done automatically in the past 10 years, plus tie up loose ends.

And anyway, I've had enough whingey days the past few weeks - we're all entitled to a good moan especially on our blogs!
 
You can complain all you want. Moving is one of themsot stressful life events you go through in life. Let alone a move across the friggin OCEAN! I remember freaking out about my move from Ilinois to Texas (1700 miles), that is nothing compared to what you all are going through. My brother-in-law was stationed in Germany over the last couple of years and they are moving this summer back to Chicago, Illinois. I don't know how ya'all do it. I am dreading my across town move this fall. :) So I think Iam trying to say, that if complaining helps, complain away.
 
Ann - Thanks for the understanding, and as you said in your blog, it's my blog and my rules, so if I want to rant, that's how it's going to be!

MyUtopia - Thanks also...moving is horrible - we moved last year across town just two miles and that was enough stress (although admittedly A LOT easier than some moves we've had). This one encompasses so many other things you don't normally need to consider, which makes it somewhat more stressful...
 
I'm surprised you've posted as much as you have considering everything you have going on these days! We will totally understand a few less posts. It sounds typical for them to want "idiot notes" from you. Nothing like waiting till the last minute huh?
 
OGO - I like to try to keep my blog moving along as much as possible, so I'll post when I get the chance and assuming I have something worth saying. I just finished a 4 page spread on "How to do a Customs Export Clearance". It took me a whole morning to complete. The laugh is, a single customs entry takes me a about 2 minutes to do...talk about a waste of time and resources.
 
"I'm leaving on a big adventure, and I sound like a whingy little kid. Who wants to read that?"

Boy, does that sound familiar! Whine all you want, moving from one country to another is a PITA!
 
Priya - Thanks. I'm sure it wont be an entirely painless process, so there may be some moments of nastiness on my blog. Pay no attention and normal service will be resumed eventually.

*Homer Simpson voice* "Mmmm, pita!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?