Friday, May 12, 2006

 

A day with my daughter

I should have done a TGI Thursday post yesterday since I had the day off today but it never really crossed my mind that it would be a long weekend for me. Looking after Audrey today was more to do with having to, than wanting to, because our childminder was taking some time off.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to spend more time with Audrey, and today was awesome, but it didn't really feel like a day off in the truest sense of it.

The weather has been gorgeous, only broken by a thunder storm tonight, so we made the most of it by spending time out of doors. We went across to the nearby park which was completely empty and Audrey had fun on the swings and slides there until a bunch of kids from the local playgroup showed up with their minders. Maybe it's just me, but I felt like these women were burning holes in me their eyes - you know, an unshaven bloke in desolate playground with two year old girl, looks real wholesome doesn't it!

Anyway, I carried on regardless and Audrey was enjoying herself. She even decided it was time to leave of her own free will, so there was none of the anguish of having to drag her away from her fun. We wandered back up to the local grocery shop (carried her on my shoulders for most of the way) to purchase a few items. I caved into buying some junk food, including a bottle of Chocolate Fudge Brownie Frijj - *drool*

We walked back home and Audrey picked dandelion clocks along the way and was blowing the seeds off of them.

We got home and had a spot of lunch, and then people showed up to view the house. I'd already promised Audrey we would do some painting outside, and I had big plans to have her do some hand and foot painting and get really messy, so I got a large bedsheet and lay it out on the patio and three paper plates filled with paints, taped a few A3 sheets of paper together to form on big canvas for her, and basically let her go mad. It was great fun and after we'd filled that large sheet and a couple of others, she was happy to get inside for a bath.

The rest of the afternoon was interspersed with playing inside and outside, dependent on Audrey's fancy at any given moment. I pottered around, got supper ready, surfed a little (although Audrey's pretty quick to harass you if you spend too long at the computer).

Anyway, it was all good.

Yesterday Martha went to the doctors to find out how we transfer our medical records. It's actually a simple process but will costs us about £10.00 per person, and we should have a bunch of medical records printed out for us and ready to take away next Tuesday! At least we're getting a few administrative things sorted out now. There's still "much much more to go" as DI Harvey Walden would say in his workout video, but we're getting there slowly but surely.

The Pet Shop Boys "I'm With Stupid" remixes and b-side tracks are now online at various musical outlets (not just iTunes). I've actually made a decision NOT to download them at this time. I already know of an Australian released CD which contains some of them, so I'm hoping it's only a matter of time before I find a CD or bunch of CD's with all the tracks I want on them, thus avoiding the issues I have with downloading music from the web. It's a bold move for me, and my fingers are twitching at the mouse at the thought of not being able to hear these tracks, but as Martha said "You've got to draw the line somewhere" and I think that's exactly what I just did.

Weekend stuff ahead - swimming as usual, but also have this nearly-new sale to contend with too. We're not quite sure how it's all going to pan out right now.

Anyway, hope you all have a good one!

Comments:
Sounds like you had a terrific day with Audrey! Those are the things she'll remember when she gets older.

Good luck with your sale!
 
Yeah, sounds like you had fun. I bet she loved some time with you all to herself.
 
Sounds like you had a wonderful time with Audrey!

Hope the sale goes/went well. Have a good weekend too!
 
Thanks everyone! It was a great day...more on the weekend shortly...
 
Catching up on your blog, dear. Sounds like you had a great day with Audrey! What about pics of the painting?
 
Priya - Hey lady! Nice to see you around! Yeah, very remiss of me not to post a pic of it...will do better next time...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?