Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Weekend and a meme

A quick update before the weekend as I wont be back to blog until Tuesday at the earliest. A long weekend beckons - we're going to see my sister and on Monday is the Battleship Potemkin/Pet Shop Boys concert! Yay!

I don't really have much else to say, so I'll do this meme which I roped myself into over on
Deb's Livejournal yesterday!

This is how it works: Comment on this entry and I will give you a letter. Write ten words beginning with that letter in your journal, including an explanation what the word means to you and why, and then pass out letters to those who want to play along.

Deb wants me to use "B"....bugger!

1. Blog - It's nearly a year since I started blogging. It's been a wild and wacky ride so far, but I'm still thoroughly enjoying doing it, much to Martha's dismay I think! I kind of wish I'd started one sooner before everyone else hopped on the bandwagon, but never mind!


2. Bunnies - We used to keep and breed white rabbits. Our first rabbit was called Hopper, how original! Seeing a rabbit run full of little baby bunnies is sooo cute! Cleaning out their hutches wasn't so cute though!

3. BINGO - What you get if you use all 7 letters in Scrabble, which is something I rarely do. However, if it weren't for Scrabble I'd never have become aquainted with Deb and she'd never have given me the letter "B" for this meme! Grrrr!

4. Behaviour - Not the way people act, but the Pet Shop Boys album of the same name. One of their finest albums and released while I was at University, so it brings back a lot of memories for me.

5. Banks - or "Bane of my Life". If banks didn't exist the world would be a better place. Doing a quick search for my bank's name online it appears I'm not the only one who thinks this. How it is that in a world of hi-speed internet a bank is still incapable of transferring money from one account to another instantly...after all it's only numbers.

6. Bristles - What I regularly have on my chin. I only shave once a week if I can help it. My skin would break out in a rash otherwise. People think I'm just being lazy, and I guess that's partly true, but if it's the difference between designer stubble and having a face like a pizza, I'm going to go with the Sonny Crockett look every time.

7. Boots - I love boots. I used to have trouble with shoes digging into my ankles, so eventually took to wearing smart ankle high boots. Only recently have I decided to try shoes again, and am doing very well with Timberlands. The cut is low which means they don't trouble my ankles.

8. Blanket - A few posts back I mentioned a security blanket I used to have. I can't believe my Mum still has it and Audrey seems to like it now. It got psychadelic elephants on it. Groovy!

9. Blackadder - My favourite TV comedy. It owes a lot to other comedy greats, but stands the test of time remarkably well. I'm so glad they finished making it on a high - it would have been terrible to milk it for too long and spoil a good thing. If it's ever on TV I'll always stop to watch it.

10. Balamory - or rather,
kids TV in general. Balamory is a current tots show, so we watch it a lot because of Audrey. I'm a little bit concerned about the TV output in Canada for when we move, because I think we actually have much better programmes made here and Audrey wont get to see some of her favourites. Mind you, I don't want her becoming a couch potato anyway so hopefully she'll also realise the TV over there is rubbish and "go and do something less boring instead."

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments:
I'm first!
I still have my old "blanky". My daughter used to love to "steal" it from me so I'd chase her down! My blanket has little boys and girls on it. When I was little I embarassed my mom by telling people I had men on my bed! Have a lovely weekend!
 
OGO - Egotistical man that I am, I really liked the "I'm first" comment! If only I had more people that commented it might make it more of a challenge for you guys! Hope you have a great weekend too!
 
Enjoy your concert! I still have my baby blankey! My grama made it for me before I was born. It still looks brand new.
 
MyUtopia - Thanks, although it's an open air concert and it's calling for rain! Argh! My blanket certainly looks well used, but then a colourful troupe of hippy elephants isn't going to age too well is it?
 
"I have a cunning plan!"

We love Blackadder! Do you get "House MD" in the UK? Hugh Laurie (Prince George) is Dr House. It's a great show and we first started watching it because of Hugh.
 
Ooh I'm always up for a good meme! Count me in.

Hope the gig's good, have a great bank holiay weekend!
 
HEY! I take offense at the bank comment Gabby! Come on --- you know better.

Just bank with us. You'd have no problems then! :)
 
Great meme! I'd love to play along! Letter, please?
 
Very nice template and information here! :-) #air en ionic language purifier#
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?