Friday, March 03, 2006

 

Random Disgruntled Thoughts

Why do bands/artists keep putting fake audio crackle on their songs?

The audio techies out there who are striving for aural excellence in their music must be turning in their graves these days. While they have been working towards the holy grail of sound quality, the musos out there are making their songs sound like beat up old 45's ON PURPOSE!

Personally I don't like it. Why would I want to intentionally listen to annoying scrunchy noises throughout a song? If I want that I'll eat a bag of crisps while I listen to my favourite artists or better still I'll dig out my record player and listen to some good old vinyl!

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world!

On another tack, I'm not normally one for talking politics...but occasionally there are things that get my goat, like the thing about smoking in public places, and yes, I have an opinion on Iraq as well, but I don't like to bait people into pointless arguments if I can help it.

However, I thought I'd mention ID cards which are causing way too much fuss for my liking at the moment. I'm all for better security to stop terrorism, but why ID cards? Ultimately ID cards can and will be forged, just like every other piece of personal identification you can think of. You might as well stick with passports and stop wasting taxpayers money on yet another piece of crap we're going to have to carry around in our wallets.

No system is ever going to be perfect. Every computer or electronic device can be hacked if you know how to do it, information can be altered or recreated to fit a requirement whether those ends be honorable or not. I often think we need to put right the existing forms of identification before trying to fix a problem with something new.

There's a link
here to an item about how the PSB's are so very anti the idea of ID cards because in a world where we preach freedom for all we are, in the same breath, creating a world where freedom of movement becomes more and more difficult. Big Brother is most definitely watching you.

It all rather reeks of a "quick fix" to keep core voters happy rather than a long term solution for a better future. I think as a nation (and I think I speak for my USA readership too) we need to look deeper at the real issues that have brought the world to the point we're at today. There's no point putting a sticking plaster over a gaping wound.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?