Friday, March 03, 2006

 

And they call it puppy love

I realise my earlier post today was a little on the cranky side...I cant guarantee this one will be any better, but lets start with some happy news! Puppies!

Jessie (owned by my sister's boyfriend) gave birth to a litter of 6 a couple of days ago. Long time readers of my blog may recall she had pups before, but I failed to report that not one of those poor pups from that first litter is now with us. Some died shortly after birth, and the remaining two that did survive met with rather horrible demises before Christmas! Oh dear!

So let's hope these 6 little ones have somewhat happier times ahead of them.

The other nugget of news that I keep forgetting to mention is that our house (which we rent) went up for sale again this week. Whilst not entirely unexpected we weren't actually told about it. Again those of you have been reading this blog (in its previous incarnation) for some months will recall the house was for sale before Christmas with a good chance that we would be kicked out a mere fortnight before the festive season began.

Fortunately that didn't happen and we secured a new 6 month lease taking us up to the end of May, but we expected the house to go back on the market in the Spring, and lo and behold that's exactly what has happened. I'm guessing we'll be looking for new digs soon then...watch this space!

And for all you overseas readers, here's a typical picture of Britain in 2006. The "FOR SALE" sign hadn't even been up one day before some kids had kicked it down. We live in a lovely rural village, not in some scummy city centre, but maybe that's it - perhaps the kids here are just bored, so a wooden post in the ground makes for worthwhile entertainment!

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
It's rotten the way that landlords expect tenants to show their homes off to prospective purchasers, especially when you don't stand to gain anything by the sale, in fact quite the opposite! Thinks, actually we'll probably have to do that to our tenants once Ben & Ann Junior finally decides to get conceived and we'll need a bigger place. Two glasses of wine and I turn into a total hypocrite!

Will write something pro-ID cards when I'm feeling more fired up and less mellow.

PS - congratulations to the new parents!
 
Congrats! Puppies are cute, but they don't stay puppies forever!

Wow, I said puppies twice, and it wasn't even tawdry!
 
Ann - Actually we've been told we don't need to actually show the house, that the agents will do that, so we can just sit on the sofa watching people meander through the house! We have a viewing lined up on Wednesday already! Yikes!

CCB - Congratulations! Do you want a medal or a puppy ot pin it on?!
 
Awwww, mom and pups are adorable!

Good luck on the housing situation!
 
What cute little pups! And sorry to hear the house is back up for sale. I know that's a royal pain in the ass for you guys.
 
Tish - Thanks!

SS - It is a pain in the ass, but hopefully it'll allow us to get our butts in gear on other things!
 
Aww, puppies .. how cute! I love puppies! Every time I see one, I want it! And then I remember about the peeing & pooping on the floor :)

-Julia
 
Julia - And you *almost* want a child?! Peeing and pooping on the floor from puppies is nothing compared to what comes out of our Audrey sometimes!
 
Interesting... I am still looking for a great alaskan malamute breeder do you know of directory or something?
 
Aw! I want one!
 
Aw! I want one!
 
Lol, but life can be a bit like that. BTW did you see my new pup from Darksky Alaskan Malamutes?
Nancy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?