Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

It doesn't often snow at Christmas!

With Christmas looming Martha decided it was time to dig out the Christmas stockings.

Last year we got one made for Audrey - it was gorgeous, embroidered with her name, with some lovely scenes all over it. We took it to Canada for last Christmas, brought it back home and put it in the airing cupboard where it normally lives for the rest of the year.

Then we moved house...

Fast forward to last weekend and panic when we realise we have no clue where it is. Did it get packed or lost in the move? We even thought maybe we left it in Canada.

Martha wanted to search for the stocking in the third bedroom, something that struck me with sheer horror! Our third bedroom is a dumping zone for all our unpacked boxes and bags. I went searching for something in there a while back, and nearly never came out. I flat refused to be a party to this doomed mission. Audrey could use a pillow case or even our own Christmas stockings which had been surprisingly easy to find - she'd never know the difference!

But Martha was adamant - the stocking WOULD be found and last night she set to going through every damn box in that bedroom. I really did not want to be involved and pretty much left her to it, staying on the computer chatting to people on Yahoo, and occasionally popping my head around the door to see how she was doing.

I have to give credit to my wife, because after searching through almost every bag and box there she found it (why is it that what you're looking for is always in the last one you look in?), and when she presented me with the holy grail of Christmas stockings I had to admit it was worth the search. I had forgotten how gorgeous it was, and I realised then that it was going to be the icing on the cake for Audrey's Christmas this year.

I therefore want to apologise to my wife for not realising that it was a worthwhile venture and for not helping as much as I could have. I guess some things just have to be done a certain way, and I realise that this is one of them...nothing else will do.

Now all we need is some snow on Christmas Day to make Audrey's Christmas complete...where did I put God's phone number???

Comments:
I think it's a mommy thing. We have a need to make Christmas just right for our kids. Good job Martha!
 
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!
 
OGO - You're probably right - us men just don't get it!

CCB - Thanks! Lets hope it does!
 
Apology accepted. I was determined to find that stocking and I knew it would be worth it. I felt horrible that Audrey wouldn't have her stocking for Christmas day. What dreadful parents we would be! Now we just need to figure out what to put in it!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?