Tuesday, November 29, 2005

 

Memory like a sieve!

I had a blog post all figured out in my head today, and you guessed it, I have now totally forgotten what it was all about. The real bummer is I actually recall it being kind of a good one too...

Part of the reason I've forgotten is Audrey has been playing up again. Not because she's sick tonight, but because she's being a typical toddler. She had what I would classify as her first "proper" tantrum tonight. Is this the shape of things to come? Who knows. Anyway, she didn't want to get ready for bed, and when we tried to get her out of her clothes she decided she had become really attached to them. I've never heard anyone get so upset when having their shirt removed.

After that she wouldn't go to bed either - we let her cry - but that wasn't working, then she announced she wanted to go poo - oh, yes, that old tactic! Unfortunately though it could have been a genuine claim, since she'd not been all day and as she told me this she let out a ripping good fart! So what could I do?

Anyway, there was no poo, and I went through the bedtime routine all over again, and put her down in her cot - this time to no fuss. But it took an hour longer than normal to get there...

So, since I don't recall my awesome blog, and because OGO asked, here is the recipe for those cookies:-

1 cup almonds
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup whole wheat flour (or 1 1/4 oat flour)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup maple syrup
fruit sweetened jam or jelly

Grind almonds in blender to meal. Do teh same to the rolled oats to make a flour. Mix in the rest of the ingredients. Roll into balls (or shapes like we did!). Make an indentation and put a little jam on each cookie. Bake on ungreased sheet at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.

I understand these taste better when they're warm...and also don't judge yours by my picture - we don't have a blender so we didn't grind the almonds or the oatmeal!!!

Comments:
ok -- after the "ripping good fart" and the poo talk I could care less about a recipe for something to eat! --TWO separate posts for these type things Gabby! TWO!!!
 
SS - Now where'd be the fun in doing that? My blog, my rules!!! ;-)
 
O thank you for posting the recipe! It looks to be a very healthy one at that! I can't wait to try it, now I have to go to the store for almonds and sunflower oil.
 
You're welcome OGO - I actually tried one of ours tonight...it was a bit mealy (probably because the stuff wasn't ground down, but quite tasty.

And yes they are healthy and avoid eggs and milk (for Audrey's allergies).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?