Wednesday, September 14, 2005

 

Half-Nekkid Thursday is here!!!

It’s Half-Nekkid Thursday again!!! This week I hoped for something really special but it hasn’t come to fruition – however, it will make a great future HNT post, so it’s waiting in the wings, and as soon as I have it, it will be posted for HNT!

Therefore this week I had to do something rather last minute, and being as my brain is fried from too many late nights, the old grey cells are not feeling especially creative. Therefore this week I give you yet another of Gabby’s scars!

The photo itself is of my right arm, but the focus here is on the elbow, and a grey dot you should be able to see on it – if you follow a straight line from the tip of my elbow it’s a couple of inches in. If you’re still struggling, just marvel at my elbow and forearm instead!

The scar is from a dog bite I received when I was about 9 or 10 and is a lesson to everyone never to try taking a bone from a hungry yellow Labrador! It was on a hot summers afternoon, and the family dog was happily chewing on a bone in the garden, when Gabby, in his infinite wisdom decided it would be a good idea to take said bone from said dog.

Everything happened in a flash - a single quick bite to my arm, and I was running indoors crying, blood seeping from my elbow. I remember my mother making me run it under the tap to assess the damage, and we drove to the hospital emergency ward where it took forever to get seen to. I recall seeing one guy walking around with blood soaked bandages around his head, insisting he was safe to drive home, having taken a fall onto his living room fireplace. Needless to say, the doctors were trying to persuade him to stay put. It was mayhem in that A&E ward!

I was given a tetanus shot and three stitches in my elbow and have every so slightly wary of dogs ever since. The family dog got his bone back and lived out the rest of his days happily at home, never again to be bothered by stupid little boys who should know better!

Happy HNT everybody and don’t forget to check out Osbasso’s blog using the HNT button on the left hand side of this blog for all the HNT rules!!!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?